Happy Monday! I thought it’d be nice to make today’s Lentmas post a ’25 Get To Know Me Questions’ tag, and after reading Megan‘s set here I thought they’d be perfect. Plus, who didn’t love these sorts of things on Bebo and Myspace back in the social media dawn of time?!
1. What is your middle name?: If you hadn’t already guessed, it’s Robyn. I think it’s so pretty.
2. What was favorite subject at school?: I really took to Philosophy A Level, so much so that I now have a degree in the bloody subject. But during my GCSEs I’d say my favourites were Business Studies and English.
3. What is your favorite drink?: Big lover of a black coffee (on a bit of a decaf streak at the moment and it’s working for me), a peppermint hot chocolate if I’m treating myself or blackcurrant squash as a bit of an all-rounder.
4. What is your favorite song at the moment?: I’m glad this says ‘at the moment’ otherwise we’d be here for hours! I have two: Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay and Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings, purely for nostalgic purposes.
5. What is your favorite food?: Agh. Steak (rare), chips, mushrooms, onion rings and peas with peppercorn sauce is my all-time favourite meal. As for food by itself, I am biiiig on green pitted olives.
6. What is the last thing you bought?: Last Friday I had a bit of a ‘treat yoself’ trip into town, and £70 later the last thing I bought that day was some YSL Touche Eclat foundation. Game-changing.
7. Favorite book of all time?: I always say Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. No book has ever stayed with me or changed my perceptions on reading – and the world itself, on a bigger scale – more.
8. Favorite Color?: Earthy green. Probably not it’s official name, but you know the sort of green I mean.
9. Do you have any pets?: Yes! My little pudding Corky is 10 next month and still the hostile bitch she was the day we brought her home. But she’s my baby.
10. Favorite Perfume?: Jo Malone’s Mimosa & Cardamom.
11. Favorite Holiday?: It’s a toss up between New York last year and Guernsey in summer 2002.
12. Are you married?: As the perpetually single gal I am, I’m not going to dignify this with a response.
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: I’ve been to Wales, Scotland, Guernsey, France x2, Germany x3, Crete and New York.
14. Do you speak any other language?: Nah. Wish I could. Ain’t got the brain space.
15. How many siblings do you have?: Just the one! My older brother Jack is 23.
16. What is your favorite shop?: TIGER, Wilko (yes, really) and any clothing shop that can get me into a 12 without making feel like I have to work for it. I love little nik-nakky, independant shops too, but I don’t have a particular favourite that I can put my finger on.
17. Favorite restaurant?: Boston Tea Party and Las Iguanas, but really any restaurant with a round table.
18. When was the last time you cried?: Fuck I don’t know. I nearly cried at work yesterday, but properly it was probably a couple of weeks ago now?
19. Favorite Blog?: MINE. mwahaha (nah actually go check out Polly she’s great)
20. Favorite Movie?: Growing up it’s always been Monsters, Inc., but The Theory of Everything really packed a punch for me.
21. Favorite TV shows?: I’m not a big TV watcher! South Park is one of my all-time faves, but I’m generally more into UK comedy panel shows and game shows. I’ll have to pick out A League Of Their Own and Pointless as highlights.
22. PC or Mac?: PC PC PC (although if anyone has a spare macbook going it wouldn’t go amiss)
23. What phone do you have?: iPhone 5s, and I will do until May 2017 when my contract’s up. Then, who knows what iPhone we’ll be on by then.
24. How tall are you?: 5 foot 1 and a half. The half is crucial.
25. Can you cook?: Depends what you want to eat. My speciality is beef, chorizo and rice stuffed peppers. Ask me to whip up a roast dinner and I’ll probably just panic.
So there we are! 25 facts about me. I hope you feel like you know me a little better now. If there’s anything else you want to know don’t be afraid to ask!